Monday, March 7, 2022

‘Roman Abramovich saved my life’ – Ex-Chelsea scout De Visser says Russian brought him back from ‘brink of death’

 

EX-CHELSEA scout Piet de Visser says billionaire Roman abramovich helped him after he was on the'brink of death.' Russian owner Abramovich has put Chelsea up for sale after 19-years of ownership due to his questionable ties with Russian president Vladimir Putin.

The 55-year-old wants an offer of £3billion to sanction a sale, having bought the club for £140million back in 2003. And the situation is a 'hard blow' for the club, according to ex-scout De Visser .

 The 87-year-old, who discovered the likes of Neymar, Kevin De Bruyne and Ronaldo, says Abramovich saved his life after he thought he'd be forced to retire due to a heart surgery.

He told Algemeen Dagblad: "I remember well that I had just had open heart surgery and subsequently had esophageal cancer.

"I got over it but I was a dead bird. So I called Roman to tell him that I unfortunately had to retire as a scout. "I will never forget what he told me: 'Piet, you can sign a contract for ten or twenty years.'

No comments:

Post a Comment