Friday, February 18, 2022

‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’ – New Chelsea signing’s first words since arriving this winter

 

Chelsea didn’t have the busiest of transfer windows this January at all. In fact, other than Kenedy being recalled from his loan spell in Brazil, there were no other additions to the senior squad.

It was the left back area that many believed we needed to strengthen, with the long-term injury to Ben Chilwell creating problems.

 Ironically, it was a left back that we did sign from Derby County in January, but not for the senior squad. Dylan Williams arrived in Chelsea’s academy from Wayne Rooney’s side.

The 18-year old had broken into the senior team at Derby and was making a name for himself, catching the eye of a number of the top teams including Chelsea, who pressed ahead and got a deal done for him.

Williams says it is a ‘once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’ that he simply could not turn down to come to Chelsea, in his first words since joining the club.

“I was definitely a little nervous at first,” Williams told the Chelsea website . “But everyone is so down to earth and they have welcomed and made me fit right into the set-up.

“If I am honest, I did not really know what to expect coming to a big club like Chelsea so it’s great to know that there are people who care so much about me on and off the pitch to ensure that I settle in as quickly as possible.

“It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play for a club like Chelsea, proving myself against some of the very best young talent in the world. “Every day I train with my new team-mates I build a greater chemistry with them, and it will help me have a big role in the team.

“They [Chelsea fans] can expect that I will work hard and give everything I can for the badge. I am here and I want to play at the highest level that I possibly can. This means taking each game as it comes and giving a good account of myself on each showing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment